Standards Committee Agenda 21st October 2008
Meeting to be held on Tuesday 21st October, 2008 at 3.30 p.m. in the Town Hall
Training For Standards Committee Members
Prior to the commencement of business, there will be an introductory training session for Members of the Committee on the functions of the Standards Committee as set out in the Standards Committee (England) Regulations 2008.
1. Appointment Of Chair And Deputy Chair Of The Standards Committee
2. Exclusion Of The Public And Press
To identify items where resolutions may be moved to exclude the press and public.
3. Declarations Of Interest
4. Minutes Of Previous Meeting
5. Terms Of Reference
To note the Terms of Reference for the Standards Committee
6. Establishment Of Sub Committees
To establish and agree Terms of Reference for Sub Committees to (i) assess new complaints (the Referrals Sub Committee); and (ii) review decisions to take no action over a complaint (the Review Sub Committee).
7. Initial Assessment Criteria
To approve the criteria for the assessment of new complaints.
8. Monitoring Officer Protocol
To approve a protocol concerning the discharge of functions by the Monitoring Officer in relation to the initial assessment and review of allegations that a Member has failed to comply with the Code of Conduct.
9. * Report Of The Monitoring Officer
To receive a report of the Monitoring Officer on matters referred by the Standards Board for England in respect of:-
Case Reference: SBE 21446.08
(Copies of the report of the Monitoring Officer will be circulated separately to Members of the Standards Committee)
(*Note: The report at item 9 is not available to the public and press because it contains exempt information described in Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972, as amended).
10. Date Of Next Meeting
Access To The Meeting
- Members of the public who wish to attend the meeting should report to the First Point Reception desk at the Town Hall, Pinstone Street entrance, where you will be directed to the meeting room.
- Occasionally some reports are not available to the public because they contain confidential information. These items are marked with an * on the agenda. When these items are considered you will be asked to leave the meeting.
- If you require any further information please contact Jason Dietsch, Committee Secretariat on telephone no. 273 4117 or email email@example.com
Agenda for meeting to be held 21st October, 2008 (55 KB)
Minutes of the meeting held 8th August, 2007 (41.5 KB)
Standards Committee Terms of Reference (30.5 KB)
Terms of Reference for Sub-Committees (27.5 KB)
Terms of Reference of the Review Sub-Committee (26 KB)
The Standards Committee is asked to agree Criteria for the Assessment of new complaints (46 KB)
The Standards Committee is asked to approve a protocol for the discharge of functions by the Monitoring Officer in relation to the initial assessment and review of allegations that a Member has failed to comply with the Code of Conduct. (31 KB)