Overview & Scrutiny Management Committee
The Overview and Scrutiny Management Committee comprises the Chairs and Deputy Chairs of the four Scrutiny and Policy Development Committees. Councillor Chris Weldon Chairs this Committee.
Remit of the Committee
- Effective use of internal and external resources
- Performance against Corporate Plan Priorities
- Risk management
- Budget monitoring
- Strategic management and development of the scrutiny programme and process
- Identifying and co-ordinating cross scrutiny issues
Key tasks of the Committee
- Overseeing the development of an annual Overview and Scrutiny work programme comprising programmes for each of the Scrutiny Committees.
- Managing and co-ordinating overview and scrutiny activity by determining which Scrutiny Committee will assume responsibility for a particular issue or request (e.g. from Executive or Council).
- Actively considering and promoting proposals for the further development of overview and scrutiny, helping to shape new ways of working.
- Considering and recommending support and development required by chairs and deputy chairs of scrutiny committees, other committee members and co-opted members.
- Monitoring, collating and communicating the success and impact of overview and scrutiny by regularly reviewing the implementation of recommendations.
- Undertaking cross-cutting and/or strategic overview and scrutiny work as a Scrutiny Committee.
Committee Meetings are held in the Town Hall, Pinstone Street on:
- 13th February 2013 at 10.00 am - To consider the 2013/14 Budget Proposals
Information is available for members of the public attending Scrutiny Meetings.
Members of the Committee 2013/14
The Committee comprises the Chairs and Deputy Chairs of the four Scrutiny and Policy Development Committees.
- Cllr Chris Weldon (Chair)
- Cllr Ian Auckland
- Cllr Penny Baker
- Cllr Roger Davision
- Cllr Gill Furniss
- Cllr Cate McDonald
- Cllr Mick Rooney
- Cllr Andrew Sangar
Agendas, Minutes and Reports
Access the agendas for meetings of the Committee including the minutes and reports:-
If you require any further information about this Scrutiny Committee, please contact David Campbell-Molloy or Emily Standbrook-Shaw, Scrutiny Policy Officers - email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or telephone 0114 27 35065.