Leader's Scheme of Delegation
The Leader of the Council (Councillor Julie Dore) determines the Scheme of Delegation for Executive Functions and this includes details of the:
- Cabinet Portfolios
- Functions to be exercised by the Cabinet (the Executive)
- Matters Delegated for Decision by Individual Cabinet Members
- Matters Delegated to the Cabinet Highways Committee and Area Committees
- Executive functions delegated to officers
- Urgency provisions for reserved Executive functions
- Joint Arrangements
- Local Choice Functions that are the responsibility of the Executive
The Scheme of Delegation was revised in April 2013. This new version replaces any previous versions. You can download the latest version, together with any rulings on its interpretation issued by the Leader or the Council's Monitoring Officer.
The Leader's Scheme is not part of the Constitution that sets out how the Council operates, how decisions are made and the procedures which are followed to ensure that these are efficient, transparent and accountable to local people.
If you require any further information please contact Jason Dietsch, Head of Democratic Services (Executive and Mayoral) on telephone number 0114 273 4117 or email email@example.com.
Details of the Scheme of Delegation (Revised April 2013) (774 KB)
The Leader's Scheme of Delegation of Executive Functions - Scheme Interpretation Note 1 (21.3 KB)