Emergency Planning Joint Committee (Rotherham and Sheffield)
Meeting Dates/Agendas, Minutes and Reports
As meetings of the Joint Committee are serviced by Rotherham Council, you can access details of meeting dates and the agendas, minutes and reports on Rotherham Council's website.
- Councillor Richard Russell (Rotherham)
- Councillor Gerald Smith (Rotherham)
- Councillor Bryan Lodge (Sheffield)
- Councillor Jack Scott (Sheffield)
The Emergency Planning Shared Service is a partnership between Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council and Sheffield City Council. The service provides Business Continuity and Emergency Planning services for both Councils.
An Emergency Planning Joint Committee oversees the shared service and makes sure both Councils carry out their duties as Category 1 responders (as described by the Civil Contingencies Act 2004).
The Joint Committee consists of Elected Members (Councillors) from the two Councils, supported by advisors, officers and other interested parties, as and when required.
The Chair of the Joint Committee rotates between Rotherham and Sheffield Elected Members on an annual basis. Rotherham Chair the Committee in 2013/14.
The Joint Committee will meet up to four times per year to ensure it carries out its responsibilities as described above and the number of meetings will depend on the business to be discussed. Additional extraordinary meetings may be called if necessary.
Responsibilites of the Committee
- Ensure the shared service discharges its functions in line with the formal agreement between the two councils and in line with national, regional and local priorities.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the service, and ensure we take any remedial action required.
- Monitor financial performance and approve budgets.
- Consider and act on internal reviews.
- Approve the service's business plan.
- Ensure reports are produced by the service as requested by the Leader, Chief Executive or Cabinets of either Council.